GT Advanced Technologies, Inc., is seeking an energetic, highly-organized individual for a senior level position. As the Director of Cz Technology you will be responsible for setting direction of all silicon Cz R&D activities. Responsibility in this position includes overseeing technical activities both in Production and R&D. The position will include budget preparation, hiring the best people for open positions, setting R&D direction and priorities for product and process improvements. In Production, the position will be responsible for continuous process improvement, working with R&D to implement new growth processes along with collecting data and making observations to feed back to R&D for product/process improvement. This position will be a key piece of the Photovoltaic Business Unit and will interact with the Marketing/Customer groups to set direction in R&D for to development of new products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Sr Director PV Technology development, the Director of Cz Technology’s primary responsibility is to directly manage a team of technologists developing the next generation of Cz technology and to work with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver products to the product and production roadmaps.
· Recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled engineers, scientists and technicians to support programs and key technical functions.
· Sets priorities for Cz Technology Development in conjunction with leadership team.
· Develop new products with input from Product Marketing/Applications Engineering for tool sets and well as materials.
· Project management and planning of technology development activities to ensure we meet development and program release schedule.
· Establish technology development goals and approaches.
· Implement patent strategy for Cz technology; invention disclosures, applications and patents.
· Remain abreast of industry direction and competitors activities.
· Develops relationships with vendors and investigate sources of materials, equipment, and supplies.
· Participates in special projects as required.
· Understanding of crystal growth or thin film growth processes and their impact on material properties and resultant devices.
· Development of new processes and equipment
· Team and project leadership
· Structured problem solving
· Action Orientation / Initiative
· Cross functional collaboration skills
· Well-developed interpersonal and Communication Skills (Presentation & Written)
· Organization Skills
· Business Acumen
· Approachability & Internal Customer Focus
- Masters degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics or related, PhD preferred.
- At least 7 years of crystal growth R&D experience, preferably silicon materials and Cz crystal growth.
- Proven history of successfully leading and managing technical teams to complete challenging goals.
- Ability to communicate with subordinates, peers, management, and customers.
Location: Hazelwood, MO
Please forward your current resume to email@example.com
GT Advanced Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.